11.2.11

Parents issues

It is sad to know that this thing on parents going to war with each other and having their children in the middle and in a limbo, still persist. Some kids are lucky where one parent fights for their custody and determine to keep them. Some just keep on fighting and without reaching any conclusion decides to have the child be placed in a home. Some may be abused because when they lack of attention, they tend to fuss, and they become an easy target to the already enraged parent.

This is what is happening to 9 year old, A (name with held to protect privacy).  He is such an intelligent and charming young chap. When he is enticed by gifts and winning, he would definitely give more than requested. Although his drawings need polishing and also to minimise the word 'Then' in his writing, other than that, he is quite okay in his studies. He does tend to rely a lot on luck though. In objective questions, he said that he would get correct all the time even though he just simply pick his answers. It was true for the first 3, but then his luck drained off. I told him that if he does succeed and becomes a doctor, and he based his surgeries on luck, the patient could die on his table. He paused for a while, then told me he wanted to become a pilot. Huhh? Anyway he won the point system for the month of January though. He told me that he wanted a battery-operated toy car, which reminds me I have to go and get one after this.

He did tell me that he would be going back home end of this year. I was happy when I heard that but was short-lived as the supervisor said that she did not hear anything from the parents yet. All it needs is a simple yes from the dad, and the mum will be able to bring the boy back. Oh not to mention money issue. Alimony and such. Who is paying the school fees etc etc. Sometimes all this things further dampen the efforts to bring back the boy home, where he belongs.

Of course I will be sad to lose a student. I not only teach them a subject in school, but I also would like to impart some life values and to see where they will end up later in life. This is how a teacher feels huh. It is truly a great sense of satisfaction. Kudos to all teachers out there.

As for little A, yes I will be going out to shop for his toy car later. Hope I will get the others to win as well.

No comments: